Thursday, July 28, 2011

The last few days.

Hey all! It's been a busy last few days...we are gearing up for our Rachmaninoff Symphony No. 2/Sibelius Violin Concerto/Swan Lake Waltz concert this Saturday. I am playing Assistant 3rd/4th on Rachmaninoff and 2nd on Sibelius and Swan Lake. Lots of playing! We also started Brass Choir rehearsals with Marie Speziale on Tuesday.

So, I've been extremely fortunately and grateful that my chops haven't been causing me any serious issues so far! I have to be honest, I was really shocked that I hadn't felt any pain at all through the Mahler rehearsals and concerts. I have, however, developed an irritation on my bottom lip after extensive low loud playing. I spoke with Gardner about this, and he wasn't too concerned. I am finally shifting my support to my bottom lip, and I'm sure it's just getting accustomed to playing with more support on my lower lip.

I did feel a slight discomfort on my top lip today (the only time so far at the festival.. very positive sign)... only because I literally had 5 hours of rehearsal. That is the most playing I have done since before I hurt my lip. I'm getting stronger each day, and it's beyond encouraging seeing the result of my embouchure changes and seeing my the results in my increased endurance.

Now, enough shop talk...on to pictures. :)

Here are a few panaromic shots I've stitched together with a editing program I have:

Florence.
---------------------------------------------------------
View of Spoleto just outside of the Duomo.
---------------------------------------------------------
Another view of inside the Teatro Nuovo. I'm trying to get enough pictures of the front before our concerts to get an entire full on shot of it.
---------------------------------------------------------
Santa Croce in Florence. Home of the tombs of Michelangelo, Rossini, and Galileo.


I want to post more pictures, but the internet has gotten slow again... hopefully more tomorrow or this weekend!

Oh, yeah, and I'm going to Rome on Sunday, no biggie.

1 comment: