Monday, July 18, 2011

florence.

So this weekend Mario, Tiffany, and Jeremy made a trip to Florence.

Wow.

I wasn't expecting to make a trip to Florence, but Mario, Tiff, and Jeremy had plans on going, so I decided to tag along. What an incredible trip...

We had a bit of a train mishap... as in we missed our train to begin with, haha. We bought our tickets, just as the train was leaving, so we wait about another 2 hours for another train, and had to buy another ticket...BUT they said we could refund them! Annnnnd then we lost the ticket to refund. Booooooooooooo

The train ride to Florence was about 3 hours, and we got there around 5 PM. We made it to our hotel, and had an amazing evening walk around the sights. We saw the Duomo, the 3rd largest christian cathedral in the world on our way to walk across the river:

We got to the Ponto Vicchio (the bridge across the Arno River) and was made our way up to the Piazzale Michelangelo, one of the highest points in Florence, and literally watched the sun set. We could see the entire city...this may have been one of the most incredible sights I have ever seen:



Then I had one of the most incredible meals of my life. We had Chianti wine, which is of the region we were in, and I had pasta with truffle oil and shaved truffles. I literally didn't talk for about a half in hour...so amazing.

The next day we went to the Acadeamia Gallery, home of Michelangelo's David. Jeremy, at the risk of getting arrested by the Italian government, took a picture. Haha. Just straight up took out his iPhone and took a picture.

After the Gallery, we went to several street markets, and I bought a bracelet and two scarves! You have to argue down the price, which was definitely an adventure... I got all of those things for 11 Euros. Awesome.

Then we waited in line to go inside the Duomo, which was incredible. After that we were pretty exhausted, so we walked to the river to see the bridge once more, then headed back to the hotel, and went on our way back to Spoleto.

I wasn't planning on going to Florence...but it was so incredible, and I had such an amazing time with Mario, Tiff, and Jeremy.

I have my first chamber concert tomorrow! Dvorak Serenade... and Mahler No. 1 on Friday.

We we we so excited.

AUDREY AND RACHEL EMAIL ME PLEASE I MISS YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment